Monday 6 July 2009

6th JULY - 17:39

today rehearsals for tommy began again, with two shows at the jolly brewer on friday. they went well - my chest is really starting to clear which is good.

saturday night involved ryan, chris, kelly and i going to the tap and spile for old rosie - walter was there so kelly and chris got to witness the spectacle that is his fantastic magic tricks for the first time.

quote:

walter: (88 years old) guess a number between 1-10?
kelly: 7
walter: you lose - take your clothes off.

amazing.

afterwards we went to the dog and bone for lee gretton's 30th surprise birthday - had a huge discussion on the possibility of prince headlining glastonbury next year. also ended up playing i'll be there and hallelujah on piano. 

we went home at around 1am and watched ten minutes off little miss sunshine before i said i had to go to bed as i was falling asleep.

sunday consisted of me returning my ricky gervais dvd to cex in exchange for dumb and dumber, and going to see ryan work in starbucks. i made him get me a vanilla latte - it was ok, as good as starbucks coffee can be. i really dug there boho attitude in there...jokes of course.



been thinking alot recently about how important it is to retain and hold onto the flame, to remember those moments which at the time seem insignificant, but in heinsight crucial, and to have faith in love, desire and people. it is possible to be wrong about people, and it isn't something to be ashamed of - the flame you behold never dies, it just retires until it is time for it to return.

this song, for me, epitomises the flame - the spontaneity, innocence and determination of young love. it is from an album that is very special to me, and is practically the reason i managed to complete school. the visions, the beauty, the magic (never an illusion), the sheer texture makes this album absolutely vital. this song always rang completely true to me and gave me hope in love.

'The world is our carpet now
The world is our dancefloor now
Remind me how to dance again
The world is our carpet now

The world is just waiting now
No staring out windows now
Our train stopped moving hours ago
We're here, we're here, we're here

Yes we're here
Free to laugh and cry
Obliged to try
And nothing here's worth winning without a fight

When I can't move
I'll enjoy the still for a while
And lose myself in waves
And mountains and the sky
And I'm back here quick as lightning

'Cause we are just seconds
Seconds in a day

It's a dancefloor now
No staring out windows now
Our train stopped moving
Hours ago
We're here, we're here, we're here
What do I do?

Free, free to run and cry
Obliged to try
And nothing is worth winning without a fight
Oh yes we're here
Free to go insane
Joy and pain are fighting in the corridors inside

When I can't move
I'll savour the pause for a while
And lose myself in waves
And mountains and the sky
And I'm back here quick as lightning
'Cause we are just seconds
Seconds in a day'



the dancefloor is a ceremony, and the moment is the marriage. true love should be chased, and the living chase it. corpses don't.

guillemots - we're here





No comments:

Post a Comment