Saturday 13 June 2009

hello friends..

i've always been somewhat weary of blog culture. i saw it as a sort of self indulgence, and i'm not entirely sure whether or not this view has changed.

however, i've been reading blogs more and more as of late. i find them quite fascinating - being able to share your loves, hates, passions and experiences with a society of friends and strangers...

the blog is called WARS AND THISTLES...it's a quote from a song i wrote, the inspiration of which i will never question...

my life has been quite turbulent as of late, and i've been trying to stay sane for the benefit of myself, art, and my loved ones. 

this all sounds very pretentious and pitiful, but this isn't an act. this is real, this is who i am. i'm a human being, and as such am multi dimensional. i love, hate, laugh and cry.

really, a blog is more or less a diary. i've never been able to keep diaries - i've been recommended to do so by various therapists and pillars of the community throughout my childhood and adolescent life. i tried to do it once or twice but after a page or so of ramblings i would read what i had written and deem it a complete waste of time. i couldn't, and can't really still, imagine who would want to read about my life...

...but i am using this blog as more of a personal record of my interests and experiences - my memory isn't what it used to be - (i'm only eighteen!!) - and it upsets me sometimes that i can't remember the times that my friends cherish..



thanks, jacob.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment